Loading

Spleen Roast ~ Weekend Cooking!

Time seems to be flying like it has no business! I desperately want to log each and everything my little boys do. As I know after a while we forget they did any of those things. Like hubby dear keeps saying he doesn't remember Konda doing any of those antics that kids get too. Peddu can say many words now and each one sounds such an heavenly note from his mouth, I feel like hugging him for each one he utters. Chinnu is still yet to start saying things. But he has own words for different things. Like he says "Kalali" for sugar. God knows how and why he says that. One fine day, he came asking me for "Pathathi", while I was making Chapathi. I said I will make it for him and he should wait. When his plate was ready with Chapathi, he went on to say he wants "Kalali". He normally says he wants Chutanay, so I thought he was referring to it. He didn't want that. I asked Athamma to see what he was asking for. Nobody could understand what he was saying. He literally rolled on the floor, crying for Kalali. Something struck me and I thrust sugar to him. He, with pearls, ready to flow down his cheeks, nodded his head.

When I make Dosa, they want Chapati. When Chapati is ready they want Annam. God help me, please, is what I think most times. Its become much better with Konda these days. She eats most things without much fuss, though pecks at it all the time. But when we had gone to my sil place, we decided we are not going to worry about what the boys are going to eat. Konda, of course has company and will eat atleast for her cousins sake. And the twins surprising didn't give us much trouble with their food. They eat what we made for the rest. Sunday was expected to be special, so I was gearing my camera to click the pictures. Chinnu, was bent on the camera and infact woke midnight asking for foto, foto. I had to give him just the case. So except of rare times when he wasn't looking, I didn't click much pictures. Of course, I couldn't get away without clicking the special lunch his sisters prepared for hubby dear.

They made Colour Rice, Mutton Pulusu, Spleen Fry, Gongura Pachadi and Aloo Mochi Curry for me. This Gongura Pachadi they made is yet another version of Athamma's, I am not going to ask her. With so many different pachadi she makes, I know I will loose track!

The Spleen Fry was actually prepared by sil's hubby. He is an expert in cooking non veg dishes. And its really an interesting sight, seeing him walking around the house, in and out and by then he would've completed the preparation too. Hubby dear told me to lookout for such action and it did happen. He also warned that the Roast is so delicious, it won't wait for my pictures. So I had to hurriedly click few pictures.

Spleen Roast

Spleen - 200 gms
Onion - 2 medium
Curry leaves - 5- 6
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Ginger, garlic, green chili paste - 1 tsp
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 2"
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp


Method to prepare:

Grind Ginger, garlic, Green chilies, cloves and cinnamon together to a fine paste. Heat a pan with oil. add the curry leaves, then sauté in ground paste. Once its well fried, add the chopped onions.

Fry till the onions starts browning, then add the spleen and simmer with lid covered for 5- 7 mins. Then remove the lid, add the turmeric, chili and coriander powders, season with salt. Combine everything well.

Again cook under covered for 10 mins, till oil starts coming out. Add little oil if required. Cook till its well roasted.

I was sure this tastes great as I could see happy faces around me.

Before I sign off, just wanted to update on the MLLA, thank you everybody who have sent in your entries. I am overwhelmed at the response. But its been a bit slow on my side. Will try to post the round up by next week. I am sure you will all enjoy it!
Follow RecipesDream