Loading

CrockPot Hirino Psito, Slow-Roasted Pork


My friend, Georgia, printed this recipe off of ABC's website. It is a take on Cat Cora's family recipe, and is modified for the crockpot, and for me.

Because I couldn't understand how it was really supposed to be prepared.

This was the "winning" pork recipe, according to Adam. I cooked it overnight, and woke up to the best smelling kitchen--ever--even though I did slightly overcook the meat.


The Ingredients.

3-4 pound boneless pork butt or shoulder
10 whole garlic cloves
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup beer (Redbridge is gluten free)

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart slow cooker. Put the meat into your crockpot, and pour on dry spices, and brown sugar. Flip the meat over a few times in the stoneware so the spices are kind of stuck to all sides. Peel garlic cloves and add whole. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey, and cranberries. Top with bay leaves. Pour in the beer.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. I cooked on low for 12 hours, and while the meat was tender and flavorful, it did burn a bit on the top and sides. Serve over rice or pasta, or on your favorite sandwich rolls.

The Verdict.

Adam LOVED this. I loved the smell. I want to try this sauce/ingredient combination with a turkey breast or hunk of beef.

I am done with pork. WOHOOOOOO! I turned in the first draft of the book, and already have the edits back.
which means I really should be working...


A Year Ago Today: CrockPot Creamed Spinach (better than it sounds!)
Totally Together: Managing Children's Art

Follow RecipesDream