Loading

Mixed Vegetable Kurma!

I know it sounds so clichéd but days do seem to be have wings. The pace at which the days are flying, I am sure I will be saying this again on Dec 31st! Its already March and looking at my calendar I wonder where the past two months gone? The weekend was quite eventful. I attended the book launch of Jigyasa & Pratibha's second book Sukham Ayu. It was great pleasure meeting them both in person and the whole function was very entertaining with interesting speakers. The lovely ladies have much to be admired about. I can imagine the hard work and endless nights that must have gone into making this wonderful book. I wish them both great success with this book too.

Then come Sunday, we were off for a day's trip. Kids enjoyed the trip that every spot they got down, they ran about and felt at home. Of course, in the car I had the task of keeping them occupied with endless snacks lined up. Every now and then hubby dear would peep back and ask what was the item on attack right then! They spent the day snacking and no real food got in. At least that kept them busy enough not to insist on driving. After the temple visit, we visited my Pinni, Amma's first younger sister. My brother's wife and my 2 yr nephew were out of town, so we missed their company. But otherwise we had wonderful time at their place and were treated to some fabulous food too. I was sad I didn't have my camera to capture the spread! The trip back was event less as the boys were exhausted and slept most of the time. I was really surprised when Chinnu pulled me inside, saying he wanted to sleep shortly after we reached home. I was clueless that they were so tired though I knew they played a lot.

What we realized from this was, our kids are more keen on tours, the moment they see us, they say "oruku potham"..well we said lets wait for another weekend to be here!

Well before I forget that this is my food blog and I ought to share my recipe before signing, presenting you ladies and gentlemen (I know my Dad and Hubby dear read my post without fail..:))...one awesome vegetable Kurma. Ok, this is not your typical Kurma or maybe I want to add drama, whatever, it was simply great!

Ingredients Needed:

Mixed Vegetables (peas, cauliflower, Double beans, carrot, beans, potato) - 1 & 1/2 cup
Onions - 2 medium
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Ginger Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
Dry methi leaves - 3/4 tsp
Cloves, Cinnamon & Cardamon powder - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Coconut milk - 3/4 cup
Water as required

Method to prepare:

Chop all vegetables to medium size peices. Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Saute chopped onions, when they start turning brown, add the ginger garlic paste. Fry well.

Then add the tomatoes and cook in sim till they get soft, then add all the vegetables and beans. Cover with lid and cook in sim for 10 mins for the vegetables to get evenly cooked.

Add all the spices along with the dry methi leaves. Once they are done, add the coconut milk and water. Cover with lid and pressure cook till they are done.

Note: You can make home made dry methi leaves by simply shade drying the fresh methi and storing it in an air tight container. The taste it leaves in a dish is simply awesome!

And vegetables are versatile, you can add or omit as you wish!

Have a nice day!
Follow RecipesDream