Loading

Lamb Skewers for Your Barbecue!

♫ It's raining men ♫ Alleluia!!!

But I don't see them; maybe they rain during the night... I only see water and more water. My terrace flooded and I have to get out there while it rains cats, dogs and elephants to arrange it. See? I'm "the handy woman" in charge. I'm the one who fixes the pipes, mows the lawn, paints the walls, gets the Ikea furniture assembled, hangs the pictures on the walls... I'm not complaining, I love to do all these things :D!
Maybe thanks to this curious spirit of mine, this year you will have the Best Mona posted soon!!! For those of you wondering what is a Mona you can check my last year's post, but I tell you, this years' will be spectacular!!!! I can't help it, I'm an optimist :D.
And now, let's talk about this super-easy dish: Lamb Skewers. Spring can be rainy and also can be sunny, so for those of you who are already polishing your barbecues for the season, see what I got! A tasty and spicy dish :D.
I'm sending it over to my friend Ivy from Kopiaste because she is hosting this week's WHB and I wouldn't miss that!!! Take a look at her fantastic Greek and Cypriot recipes :D
Weekend Herb Blogging was created by Kalyn, of Kalyn’s Kitchen and now conducted by Haalo, of Cook (almost) Anything at least once.

Ingredients for 4 servings: 600 grs of lamb cut in dices (ask your butcher for a tender piece), 2 garlic cloves, 1 cup of red wine, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of sweet red ground paprika, 1 teaspoon of hot red ground paprika, 1 teaspoon of dry oregano, 1 bay leave, 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds, salt and black ground pepper. One red pepper and one green pepper.

  • Peel the garlic cloves and chop thinly. Place in a big bowl together with the wine, water, olive oil, the paprika, oregano, chopped bay leave, cumin and pepper. Mix well.
  • Clean the lamb meat and take the fat away, cut in dices and place inside the bowl. Let marinate for at least 4 hours. I had mine in the fridge overnight and cooked the next day. Meat will be more tender the longer it marinates.
  • If you use wooden sticks, have them soaking in water so that they don't burn when you cook the skewers.
  • Insert lamb dices and red/green peppers with the stick.
  • Cook in your barbecue or in the griddle or grill in your oven until they get golden. While cooking, pour some of the marinating liquid on top and turn so that they get all done.

Herbs and spices are guest stars in this dish and that's why I thought it would be a good one to send over to WHB. Hope you enjoy it!

If I had to choose a first dish to complete the menu, I would go for this Season Veggies with 3 sauces.
And the dessert would be a Tricolored one!
Follow RecipesDream