Loading

Figure-Friendly Fruit Pizza



I love a good fruit pizza, especially in the summertime with juicy, sweet fruit is at the peak of perfection! I could eat a whole fruit pizza all by myself without even blinking (sad I know). I'm just a sucker for that rich sugar cookie crust, sweet cream cheese spread, & ripe, sugar glazed fruit...YUMMMMMMM!!

While I love me some calories I decided to create a low-fat, healthier fruit pizza so me and my girlfriends wouldn't feel as guilty when we ate four slices back to back. We call it our weight-watchers fruit pizza. It's light, sweet, and refreshing...without all the extra sugar and calories!

I'll also include the recipe for the regular version of fruit pizza below as well for those who aren't trying to watch their figure (lucky b*tches!)








Figure-Friendly Fruit Pizza









Ingredients:
1 tube of low-fat refrigerated sugar cookies (I use the reduce fat Trader Joes brand)
1- 8oz container of low-fat cream cheese. (I use weight watchers)
1- 8 oz container of fat free cool whip
*optional* 1- 6oz container of fruit flavored, fat free yogurt ( I used strawberry shortcake flavor)
Assorted fruit (You can really add any kind of fruit to this and the amount needed will depend on the design you're creating. If you use fruits that turn brown quickly like apples or bananas, just add a light drizzle of lemon juice over them to keep the color.)


Step 1.) Preheat oven to 350. Press out a roll of sugar cookie dough into a pizza pan. You don't have to cover the pan with foil if you don't plan on removing it from the pan.


Step 2.) Place into the oven for about 10-12 minutes.

Step 3.) Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine 8 oz of cream cheese & 8 oz. Cool Whip. Mix until creamy.




Step 4.) **OPTIONAL** If you want to add in more sweetness you can stir in 6oz of fruit flavored yogurt. The thick & creamy kind works the best.

Step 5.) When the cookie crust is done and completely cooled spread on the cream cheese mixture & refrigerate for at least 3 hours.


To cover it, I stick toothpicks in and then place the foil on top and seal around the edges to keep the foil from sticking to the filling.

Step 6.) Prepare the fruit you will need. I used 5 kiwis, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1 can of sliced peaches, 1 container of strawberries, and 1 c. pineapples.


Step 7.) Now the fun part!! Arrange the fruit!!




Dig in and enjoy....without the guilt!!!!!

I always have left-over fruit when I make this. I just toss them in a freezer bag and use it to make fresh mixed fruit yogurt smoothies in the morning. DELISH!



Regular Dessert Fruit Pizza Recipe
(recipe courtesy of Norma Hines)

This stuff is GOOOOOOD!


Ingredients

Directions

  1. Cut sugar cookie dough into 1/4-inch thick pieces.Lay it down on a greased pizza pan or rectangular pan.

  2. Press dough till pressed together.

  3. Bake in 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until brown. Let it cool completely.6
  4. While baking your crust, get a large bowl and mix together sugar,vanilla,and cream cheese.
  5. Fold in Cool Whip.
  6. Spread mixture onto baked crust (that is completely cooled.) When spread on, cut up your fresh fruit and place onto your pizza.
  7. Put in refrigerator for an hour to chill.Then you're ready to eat and enjoy.

Follow RecipesDream