Loading

To food blog or not to blog?

I have been playing around with the idea of food blogging for quite some time.  My friends and family know how much I love being in the kitchen.  I have a fetish for collecting cookbooks and have been recipe scrapbooking all my family favorites for quite a few years now.  I come from a long line of amazing cooks, so I guess I am blessed with having women in my life that passed along their passion.  Whether they were aware of their influence or not, it is embedded in me.  I feel nostalgic when I bake a red velvet cake that my grandmother used to bake when I was growing up.  I remember telling her that it was all that I wanted for my birthday.  It was amazing!!  There is something magical about eating a dish that has strong family ties.  There are memories in those bites that come rushing back.  My mother is an excellent baker and both of my grandmothers were amazing cooks and bakers.  They were also avid gardeners, something I have embraced in the last few years.  
Organic living has become very important to me. Growing my own food is extremely rewarding and economical.  I also enjoy being outdoors.  So this is my food journey, a place to share favorite recipes, cooking tips and gardening ideas.   Like most women, I struggle with finding a balance between the comfort foods I love and the healthy lifestyle that I embrace.  I hope that you enjoy my new creations, favorite recipes and tips that I have discovered along the way.  I am completely obsessed with recipe makeovers!!  I have tweaked a lot of my favorites to make them healthier and still taste incredible and I want to share them with you.  Always remember, great things are meant to be shared.  Enjoy~
Follow RecipesDream