Loading

Fresh Apple Cake {Recipe}



It's a little hard to tell by looking, but the pretty cake above is a delicious apple cake.
Here, does this photo help...


Yesterday I bought a dozen apples from Costco, and then came home to realize I already had about 6 apples in the fridge.  Time to make something with apples!

I dug into my little recipe file and pulled out a hand-written recipe from a good friend (thanks Pam!). 
Then last night after the rest of my family was asleep, I enjoyed a quiet evening of baking.  The recipe comes together pretty quickly, and creates a delicious aroma while baking!  After it was baked and cooled a bit, I set it on one of my new favorite cake stands.  It was little a pretty little gift waiting for me in the morning to see a fresh baked cake on a pretty stand.  For breakfast I had a glass of milk and a slice (or two!) of moist, delicious apple cake. 


Fresh Apple Cake
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
4 cups chopped apples (no need to peel)
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs, well beaten
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350*F.
Grease and flour a bunt pan or angle food cake pan.
Stir flour, baking soda and cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside. 
In a large bowl combine chopped apples, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and nuts.  Stir until well combined. 
Add in flour mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
Pour (or scoop- the batter is a bit thick) into prepared pan.
Bake 50-60 minutes (test with toothpick for doneness... yes I know "doneness" isn't a word!).
Cool before removing from pan.
Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.

Cake will keep well (if covered) at least 2 days (maybe 3, but I always eat it before then).

Recipe Source- Recipe shared from a good friend (and one of the best cooks I know!) Pam S.


Follow RecipesDream