Loading

MOJO Salad

We are headed to dinner at a friend's house tonight.  She is making flank steak fajitas, so I thought I would make this simple, but delicious, black bean salad to go with our meal.  I make this a lot in the summertime to serve with grilled meats.  It's quick, healthy and light.  I got this recipe from my friend, Marian, a couple of years ago.  It's so good!

Mojo Salad


Ingredients:
1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
1 can of black beans-drained and rinsed
1 tbsp local honey
1/2 cup Mojo sauce (found in the Mexican food aisle of the grocery store) shake well to blend seasonings
1 cup diced roma tomatoes
1/2 onion, diced fine or 2-3 diced scallions
1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro
sea salt and pepper to taste

Rinse black beans and drain.  Add diced onions to black beans.  Mix honey and mojo sauce together with a whisk.  Add mojo mixture and all other ingredients and toss well.  Refrigerate for several hours.  Serve at room temperature.  Simple and tasty!!


Follow RecipesDream