Loading

Microwave Eggless Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips | How to bake Muffins in 2 mins | Step By Step Recipe

After 2 months I finally get my muffin trays out to bake these little goodies. Highlights of my trip to SFO were getting these muffin trays and liners. And almost everyday I used to think when I will finally make the muffins as I so longed. I finally got my mojo working! 

If I have ever created a recipe on the fly this must be it. With tomorrow being a holiday for kids, I knew I need not hurry up with the usual things. I left them to play and with the 15 minutes I had on hand, I decided I was going to bake. With an occasion coming round the corner I had to decided what to make. I will get around talking about it. But for now I haven't decided if I am going to bake these or do something else.

I was happy I hadn't got the kids attention but it was it was short lived. Soon all of them crowded me and pestering me what I was making. When I said it was going to be a Muffin, that got their attention and wouldn't budge away. I finally had to shoo away on some pretext.
These Eggless Muffins tasted divine.

I had got all the ingredients hoping to bake my Eggless Blackforest Cake. My colleague wanted to bake an eggless version and when I suggested one can bake in a microwave, more over using a cola, she wouldn't believe. She finally made it and immensely enjoyed it. Hearing her feedback, I was again tempted to bake the Blackforest cake. But somehow I knew I was going to end up making a Muffin.

I didn't have a cola on hand, so the next best thing would be a Banana. Unfortunately even that wasn't to be seen. Finally got one Morris Banana from Amma and set on to bake these. It hardly took 5 - 6 mins for the whole process to get done. Next 5 minutes the Muffins were baked and ready.

I wanted to retain the banana taste, hence didn't add cocoa, which I might have been otherwise so tempted to add. I didn't have the energy to make any frosting and moreover the batch got over.

Aren't they cute?


These are the things I used, 1 morris banana, chocolate chips, Condensed Milk, flour,

Chop the banana and puree

Add about 1/2 cup of milk to the banana and pulse again.

For 1 cup of all purpose flour, I took about 1/4 tsp Baking soda, a pinch of cooking soda

Melted 50 gms of butter and added abt 150 gms of condensed milk (could be little more also)

Mix both the butter and condensed milk together.

 Then add the flour to the liquid.

Now goes the banana puree, see that black colour? It goes off once you mix it well.

Finally add the chocolate chips.

 These are the mini muffin liners I got

 Place the liners on the muffin tray,



Pour about a spoon of the batter into the cups.

Micro for 2 minutes.

This is after the first minute is over.

This is after 2 minutes is over.

This was the second batch.


Delicious Eggless Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips ready within 2 mins!

Microwave Banana Muffins

Cooking Mode: Microwave Mode
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 2 minutes

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour/ Maida - 1 cup
Morris Banana - 1
Butter - 50 gms
Condensed Milk - 150 gms (little less than half tin)
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Cooking Soda a pinch
Milk - 1/2 cup
Chocolate Chips handful


Method to prepare:

Mix the flour with baking soda and cooking soda, keep it aside.

Melt the butter over low flame, bring down and add the condensed milk and mix well.

Puree the banana and pulse again with milk.

Add the flour to the butter mix, combine everything well. Finally add the banana puree and combine well.

Finally add the chocolate chips and mix well.

Place the muffin liners over the muffin tray. Pour 1 tsp of batter into the cups.

Microwave for 2 minutes. Allow it to rest for couple seconds.

It easily comes out and tasted great! Those chocolate chips were melted and taste heavenly!

Konda loved it and wanted it to be made again. Well I will surely make it as I will get to eat it being eggless!

I am happy that I am finally posting a Muffin recipe as this has been a long standing reader's request.

Happy Weekend!
Follow RecipesDream