Loading

Bread & Baguettes

When I think about my last meal on earth, for some reason it always involves Bread, Be it a fresh baked roll from the oven, perhaps a slice of toast, crusty bread to dunk into a bowl of hot soup, fresh croutons in my Cobb salad, with the exception of bread with coriander in, i do believe that I love it all.

When my husband and I first got together, we went to Paris for the weekend, walking through the streets ripping chunks from a baguette was a time I will fondly remember, along with his horror as I packed some bread and croissants in my suitcase to bring home. I think from that moment on he realised that I was a foodie, luckily I am one who also can cook & enjoys trying out new things on him day after day, & have yet to hear any complaints about this.

i think if i could go back in time and meet any of the hundreds of foodies who have influenced our culinary delights over the years, the Earl of Sandwich would be high up on my list for creating perhaps a food, main lunch throughout the world that is in itself simple, delicious and a thing of beauty.

I am inspired by my trips this week to the supermarket & bakers and am going to make my own breads. brioche is by far my daughters favorite breakfast, alongside hot cross buns that she has recently discovered, and shall also be making a french loaf as I salute the french with the breads that they have developed over the years, for me the traditional french baguette will take some beating. Perfect for a sandwich, soup dunker, heating, making eggy bread bake, the humble baguette has been around since Louis XIV, anything standing the test of time is something we should embrace and to be honest, eat as often as possible!







And now for some bread time:
Follow RecipesDream