Loading

Pumpkin Bread- My mother's recipe

Ahhhh, the comforts of fall....the cooler weather, the changing leaves, the wonderful smells (apple crisp, my favorite caramel candle scents) and the FOOD.  I love baking this time of year.   Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors and I relish my mother's pumpkin bread.  It is a simple, yet amazing, recipe that comes together quickly and easily.  It is not low-fat or low-sugar, but it's made from scratch with love.  :)   I love using my mini loaf pans, so that I can share with others.  An important thing to remember when preparing baked goods, is to use unbleached flour.  I always use King Arthur brand flours in my baking.  My favorite is the unbleached white wheat flour.  We don't need any unnecessary chemicals in our food.  I hope that this recipe brings comfort to your home, like it does mine.  Enjoy~ 

Pumpkin Bread



Ingredients

Sift together:
3 1/2 cups unbleached white wheat flour (such as King Arthur brand)
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
*You can also substitute 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg (but I prefer more cinnamon flavor)

Beat together:
4 cage-free organic eggs
1 cup natural brown sugar (or whey low brown www.wheylow.com)
1 cup organic white sugar (or whey low regular)
1 cup canola oil
2 cups pureed pumpkin


Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just blended.  Do not over mix.  Pour into one large bread pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or 6 mini loaf pans for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
Fresh from the oven....



What is delicious served with homemade pumpkin bread?  Lilly's Gourmet Maple Butter.  So good!

Follow RecipesDream