Loading

Cake Batter Brownies

I made these brownies recently and they were a hit. Especially with my little man! The recipe calls for red food coloring to make the frosting pink but I went with blue since I don't have any little ladies in the house and they came out just as cute! I think these would just as good without the icing as well but if you have a super sweet tooth def make the icing. I also put them in a 13 x 9 pan to make them thinner so that I had more to share :) (P.S. I found this recipe online at Six Sisters' Stuff )

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow (or Funfetti!) cake mix
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (if you use a yellow cake mix, add these in)
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • Sprinkles for the top
  • Frosting (see recipe below)
Directions: Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Then mix in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Spray pan (either 8x11" or 9x9" pan) with non-stick cooking spray. Dump batter in pan and spread to the edges. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. (They will be a little soft/gooey in the middle- just let them sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up. But I guarantee that you will not be able to wait that long.) Frost when cooled (optional . . . these taste amazing without frosting, but I am a serious frosting lover, so I added just a little bit).

Frosting:
1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
2-3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick/runny you like it)
3-4 drops red food coloring to get desired pink color (optional)

Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Spread on top of blondies.
Follow RecipesDream