Chinese Marinated Tofu Recipe With Spinach
Chinese Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or according to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon chile paste (or according to taste)
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or according to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil for stir-frying
Combine the marinade ingredients for the tofu (6 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 3 tablespoons rice wine or sherry, 3/4 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon minced garlic plus 1/4 teaspoon chili paste - in a small bowl. Place the tofu cubes in a resealable plastic bag. Pour in the marinade ingredients. Marinate the tofu in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Remove the tofu and discard the excess marinade.
Preheat the wok and add 1 tablespoon oil, tilting the wok so that the oil comes partway up the sides of the wok. When the oil is hot, add the tofu cubes. Stir-fry about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned on the outside. Remove and wipe out the wok.
Have all the ingredients for stir-frying the spinach at hand near the stove. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the wok, again swirling so that it comes about halfway up the sides of the wok. When the oil is hot, add 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chili paste, and the salt. Stir for a few seconds until the garlic is aromatic.
Add the spinach, stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until the leaves are almost wilted. Stir in the 1/4 teaspoon sugar and Asian sesame oil. (Note: if you don't already have the sugar and sesame oil measured out, move the wok to a cold burner while you do so, and then return it to the heated burner). Sprinkle the spinach with a bit of black pepper if desired. Add the tofu back into the pan and stir to combine with the spinach. Serve immediately...enjoy it !
- Follow RecipesDream
- Follow @us