Loading

Paleo Almond Muffins



These muffins are what I am using as a substitute to bread whilst being on the Paleo Diet (No Carbs, No Dairy) so far I am getting great results, but girl can not live on veggies and meat alone, sometimes, the inner chef in me comes out screaming 'bake something' and so now that I have received my delivery of Almond Flour, the baking has seriously begun.

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups of Almond Flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of grated carrotts
1 apple peeled and grated
1 cup coconut (shredded)
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of Agave Nectar (or use honey if you don't have this in)
(Feel free to add raisins to make these more of a sweet muffin, I am restricting my dried fruit intake and so did not add them this time)

Preheat the oven to 170 oC

Put 12 muffin cases into your pan

In a bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. To this add the carrot, apple, coconut and if using add the raisins, mix well to combine.

In a separate bowl mix the eggs, agave (or honey), oil and vanilla before pouring this over the dry ingredients.

Once combined, carefully spoon equally into your muffin cases and cook for 30 - 40 minutes (depending on the size of your cases) they are cooked when a cake tester (or skewer) comes out clean.

Cool for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack.

Best eaten slightly warm, and they freeze well too

Enjoy - Not your average muffin, but as close as paleo friendly as I have found!
Follow RecipesDream