Loading

Homemade Tangy Barbecue Sauce Recipe

There's just something satisfying about making your own basic ingredients. Yes, it's "normal" and oh-so-simple to pick up a jar of your favorite barbecue sauce off of the store shelves. I've done it. I have my favorites. But knowing exactly what is in my delicious sweet, sticky, spicy sauce makes me feel that much better about what I'm eating. (Even if there is a lot of sugar involved. :D)  

Homemade Tangy Barbecue Sauce Recipe

Makes 4 cups sauce 

Ingredients
1-1/4 cup brown sugar
1-1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2-1/2 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp chili powder 
2 tsp Italian seasoning 
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper 

Directions
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and whisk together until even. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (or freeze)


Follow RecipesDream