1/2 cup egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters)
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
6 packets Sweet-N-Low artificial sweetener
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups chicken broth
8 ounces broccoli florets
2 tablespoons diet Parkay margarine
2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1. Marinate the chicken ahead of time by combining the eggsubstitute, white pepper, and salt. Add the chicken pieces andmarinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Drainwell when ready to use. Discard the marinade.
2. Combine the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce and set aside.
3. Bring the 3 cups chicken broth to a boil in a wok or skillet,then reduce to a simmer. Add the drained pieces of marinatedchicken and cook not quite all the way through. Remove the chickenfrom the pot, drain, and keep warm.
4. Put the broccoli in the simmering chicken broth and cook untilcrisp-tender. Drain and arrange in a ring on a serving platter andkeep warm. Discard the broth and wipe the wok clean.
5. Heat the wok again and add the margarine. Add the ginger, greenonion, and garlic, sauteing for just a few seconds. Add thestir-fry sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
6. Add the reserved chicken and cook all the way through, 2 to 4minutes. Mix the 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/2 cup water and add tothe simmering wok. Stir in the sesame oil. When the sauce hasthickened, pour the stir-fry into the center of the broccoli ring.
- Follow RecipesDream
- Follow @us