Loading

To-ne Sushi on Queen West

Dining Experience: Lunch and Dinner
Venue: To-ne Sushi
Specialty: Japanese
Location: 414 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON 
Menu items: Miso soup, Green Eyes roll, Green Dragon roll and Spicy Salmon roll


Toronto is known for being host to many great Japanese restaurants. Some are good, others just ok, and then there are those little hidden gems that just blow your mind away and make you go "Yum!". To-ne Sushi, gets to be one of those places that I crave when I am in the mood for Japanese, and especially sushi.

I fell in like with To-ne when I started working in the Fashion district, otherwise known as the Spadina/Queen/King west area in downtown Toronto. The owners not only lured me in with their welcoming smiles, friendly service and fantastic complimentary Miso soup (which by the way has tempura bits), but also with their fresh and yummy concoction of sushi platters. My favourite yet - the Green Eyes Roll. 

The Green Eyes roll is like an inverted version of a Green Dragon roll. You have your buttery avocado in the centre, wrapped in seaweed, rice and sesame seeds, then topped with a slightly cooked layer of salmon and deep-fried on the outside with tempura batter. I mean, it can not get better than this.

Aside from the eyes roll creation, which tastes fantastic. To-ne also knocks it out of the park with their plating style. Flowers, saucy shapes and large plates are all representative of what To-ne is all about.

When I order all 3 of the rolls, oh yes! I can devour all these in one seating. I get the almost "inverted" version of the Green Eyes roll, the Green Dragon roll, which is my second favourite, and an order of the Spicy Salmon roll.

The Green Dragon roll has tempura battered shrimp wrapped in rice, sesame seeds and then topped with avocado. Like I said, the inverse. 
The Spicy Salmon roll is just a delicious mixture of salmon sashimi (i.e. raw salmon) mixed in with some saucy spices, then wrapped in seaweed and rice. Fresh, tasty and with a nice kick to it.

Until next time Foodies!

Buen Provecho,

Foodies Inc.

To-ne Sushi on Urbanspoon
Follow RecipesDream