Loading

Seasoned Potato Wedges CrockPot Recipe



Day 105.

This was our contribution to a family barbecue yesterday. I think this will be the closest I will get to making french fries in the crockpot. They weren't overly moist, and the wedges on the side even got a bit of a crust on skin--an unexpected happy bonus.


The Ingredients.

--bag of brown baking potatoes (there were 13 lucky little guys in our bag)
--1 T seasoned salt
--1 t dried basil
--1/4 t chipotle chili powder
--cooking spray


The Directions.

--Have your kids wash the potatoes with the vegetable scrub-brush thing. Take your cup of coffee into the backyard while they "work" so you don't 1) micromanage or 2) get involved in the arguing over sink sides.

--slice potatoes into long wedges
--in a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the seasoned salt, basil, and chili powder
--spray the inside of your crock stoneware insert with cooking spray
--dump the seasoned potato wedges inside

--cook on high for 4-6 hours.

--after 2 hours, carefully dump the collected liquid. I had Adam help me with this. I dumped while he held the lid close to the potatoes and let the liquid drain out (a collinder would have worked, but I realized after the fact).

--the potatoes are done when they reach desired softness

if your crock has collected more liquid, drain one more time.

The Verdict.

These were a nice accompaniment to our hotdogs and hamburgers. We did add a bit more salt, and next time I'd like a bit more spice.

It was nice to not heat up the oven today (we're having a bit of a warm streak), and I was able to make more in the crock than I could have on baking sheets.
Follow RecipesDream