Loading

Jalapeño Pot Roast CrockPot Recipe


Day 259.

This is a set it and forget it recipe. I came up with this recipe while I was holding a package of frozen chuck meat and was looking through the fridge and pantry. I've never made this before, but I will again. It was easy and quite flavorful.
6 adults ate this last night for Sunday dinner---while the 2 kids ate buttered pasta.

The Ingredients.

--3 lb chuck roast (frozen solid is fine)
--can of cream of soup (or homemade, or you can make it on the stove)
--2-4 T of sliced jalapeno peppers (a can or two of green chilies would work. We had the jalapenos on hand)
--can of black beans, drained and rinsed
--1 yellow onion, sliced in rings
--1-2 cups plain non fat yogurt (to add at the end of cooking--you can use sour cream, too)

The Directions.

Dump everything into the crockpot. I used frozen homemade cream of mushroom soup---it took about 40 minutes for it to melt all the way and coat the meat.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

After cooking, remove meat with tongs, and stir in the yogurt or sour cream.

It's up to you how spicy you'd like this meal to be. I used 4 T (1/4 cup) of the sliced jalapenos, and then used 2 cups of plain yogurt to mellow the flavor. I liked it like that, and so did my family. There was definitely a kick, but it wasn't too crazy.

If you're worried about the heat, stick with 2 T of the sliced jalapenos, and then slowly add the yogurt at the end to taste.

The Verdict.

I really liked this, and so did Adam, my parents, my brother, and his wife. I rinsed the meat off and offered it to the kids, but they didn't give it a try.

When the cold yogurt (or sour cream) hits the hot liquid, it will separate a bit and create white chunks. Don't be alarmed---they will dissipate after heating fully and with some quick stirring.
Follow RecipesDream