Loading

Sankranti Recipes | Pongal Festival Recipes

Advance Sankranti greetings to all my readers!

Wishing you ahead of time with recipes that you can cook for the festival. We have a trip planned and I may not exactly find time to publish during the weekend. Work at home and office front has pretty much kept me occupied and I have also been busy preparing for Blogging Marathon. I normally cook and post the same day most times.

This edition since I completely forgot about the trip and BM clashing, there was utter chaos thinking how I was going to manage. Plus the fact that I will be going minus the laptop. Imagine being without computer for four days, it's crazy I know, but I should survive. Of course I have plans to visit the near Internet cafe.


Anyway I will be leaving you all the recipes and the memories of our last year's Santranti Celebrations at our sis-in-laws place.

2010 Santranti Celebrations

You must check out the compilation I did with the menu planned for the Santranthi.

Pongal celebrations at my friend's home


Other than the above you can check out the different Pongal varieties on both the blogs, be it sweet or savory!


Savory Pongal Varieties:

Pulagam ~ Ven Pongal
Ven Pongal Recipe 2
Rava Pongal

Pasipayar Ven Pongal | Pesalu Pulagam

Sweet Pongal Varieties.

Bellamannam or Sakarai Pongal, Bellam paramannam
Sakara Pongal with Sprouted Whole Moong Dal


Broken Wheat Sweet Porridge | Samba Godhuma Sakkara Pongal
Bansi Rava Sakkarai Pongal

Poli Varieties:
Nuts Poli for Sankranthi 
Sweet Poli 
Coconut Poli
Chocolate Poli
Sweet Poli with Badam Katli

Check out Festival Page for other recipes
Follow RecipesDream