Beef tapa is a Filipino dish prepared by preserving thin slices of beet with salt and spices. It is commonly serviced with fried rice (sinangang) and sunny side up egg. Beef tapa served with fried rice and fried egg is referred to as tapsilog – tap for tapa, si for sinangag, and log for itlog (egg). Tapsilog is also a popular Filipino breakfast.
Since tapa is very popular in the country, I decided to make my own beef tapa recipe to make it unique from the others.
This is the list of ingredients that I used:
- 1 kilo beef (thinly sliced strips)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 300 grams canned pineapple bits
- 1 white onion (onion rings)
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
|Beef Marinated in Soy Sauce and Spices|
1) Put the beef in a large cooking pan.
2) Pour the soy sauce, vinegar, and the liquid from the canned pineapple. Then, add the chopped red onions and the chopped garlic cloves.
3) Season with pepper and mix well.
4) Simmer for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5) Add the cooking oil and fry.
6) Also add the pineapple bits and onion rings then fry for five minutes in low heat.
- Follow RecipesDream
- Follow @us