Loading

CrockPot Tomato Curried Potatoes



Day 179.



I found a new-to-me blog yesterday when I was following link after link after link. I immediately wrote down all the ingredients for Julie's Tomato Curried Potatoes, and shut down the blog. When the potatoes were done I spent forty-five minutes finding the blog in order to give proper credit.



I live an exciting life.



Jan 09: I have re-made and edited this post. The ingredients listed reflect my changes.



The Ingredients.

Adapted from Dinner with Julie



--7 red potatoes

--1 T olive oil

--1 can diced tomatoes, drained


--2 t paprika

--2 t curry powder


--2 t chili powder

--2 t sugar


--1/2 t kosher salt






The Directions.




Use a 4 quart crockpot. The night before cooking, wash and chop the potatoes in 1-inch chunks and put into a zippered freezer bag. Add olive oil, paprika, curry, chili powder, sugar, and salt. Shake well. Add drained tomatoes, and toss again. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, pour bag into crockpot, and turn on. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for about 4. The potatoes are done when they are fork-tender.



The Verdict.




These smelled delicious while they were cooking, and transferred nicely to the crock. The potatoes were tender and had a nice browning of the skin. The first time I made these, I didn't add enough spices. This is the right combination, and if you have time to do so, marinating overnight in the refrigerator is really the way to go.



Thank you so much to Julie!


if you like this, you might like these:

Thai Curry

Indian Curry

Indian Chicken

Vegetarian Curry

Thai Coconut Soup

Lamb Vindaloo

Indian Spinach with Potatoes





Follow RecipesDream