Loading

Peperoncini Beef Sandwiches Slow Cooker Recipe



Hello! Welcome back!

Thank you so much for your kindness and support with the book launch last week. Everyday I pinch myself (although I should really stop because I seem to bruise really easily lately) that this is all for reals.
it's absolutely nutty.
and I love each and every second of it.
Thank you.

I have a slew of recipes to share that are in the new book. I'm not trying to keep them a deep, dark secret--it's just that sometimes the day seems to disappear even though I have the best intentions of posting a new recipe.

This is a great twist on lazy cooking---and you should totally make these sandwiches.

Tonight.

The Ingredients.
serves 6

2 pounds beef chuck roast (frozen is okay)
1 (16-ounce) jar peperoncini peppers
optional:
6 ounces sliced mozzarella or Swiss cheese
6 hamburger buns or French rolls (pictured are toasted pieces of Udi's white bread)

The Directions.

Oh Steph. You must really have lost it this time. You're trying to tell me that all I have to do is pour a jar of peperoncinis on top of a hunk of beef (and it can even be frozen?!) and it'll cook all day and the meat will tenderize and shred all on it's own and I can come home after a long day at work and have a totally delicious meal?

Yes.

The crockpot rocks!! I used a 4-quart slow cooker, because it was already out on the counter top, but a 6-quart would be just fine. Plop the ingredients in, turn to low and let it cook for about 8 hours. When you get home, shred the meat with two large forks and stir. Serve on toasted bread, rolls, or buns with a slice of cheese. If you're fancy, you can broil your sandwich in the oven for a few seconds to melt the cheese.

Easy-peasy.

The Verdict.

This is a great sandwich. I was concerned that the tang and spice from the peperoncinis would be too much for the kids. It wasn't. They didn't want any of the "green things" in their servings, but ate their sandwiches happily (Adam ate the green things, in case you wondered).

Since the meat gives off so much of it's own juice, the tanginess mellows a lot and the flavor is a slight vinegary heat, but it's not muted. It's just perfect. I used mild peperoncinis, but if you like things hot--choose a spicier variety.

more sandwiches? no problem.

how about some giveaways?


2008 flashback:


have a great day! I hope 2011 is treating you well so far. Happy New Year!
Follow RecipesDream